So everybody has been through obstacles in their life; its kind of like the definition of life! But does how we deal with the obstacles make any difference? I don't means action like "I'll work harder next time" or "I'll be more patient' or "I'll won't be so careless." Obviously, no matter how much we try to make ourselves better, we will never be perfect so that is DEBUNKED!! But thats okay, because whats more important then perfecting our qualities is perfecting on how we feel on the inside! Let me tell you a true story about myself! I failed my sophomore year of high school! So I was retained that year...What made this even worst was that I attended a small high school; the average graduating class was between 20-80 students (and a class of 80 students was rare!) So everybody knew each otherand there wasn't no hiding the fact that I was redoing my sophomore year! So what did I do? I kept going! I faced the situation with boldness and with an open mind. Yes, I cried and boo-hooed, yes, I got lots of strange looks from students and teacher alikes and yes, I wanted to transfer high schools and most importnatly yes, I was embarassed. But I took this new opportunitly, and a refreshed start to meet new people. Sure, I felt like an oddball, but I met some of my best friends and bonded with people who made my senior year significant. And now I am graduate of NIU with a bachelor's degree (the first of my brother and mom might I say lol!). So what can I say, it was very challegning and obviously not what I wanted for myself, but you always have a choose between facing your obstacle with out fear or allowing it to consume you!
Its up to you!
DanielesDestiny
No comments:
Post a Comment