Wednesday, August 10, 2011

New Hair! Am I crazy??

So lately, I have reallly been complaining about my hair. Everytime I wash my hair, my hair always seems to be shedding! I don't know what's going on with it! I know that it is not drastic because, half of my hair has not fallen out. But what I do notice is that, that I have grown about inch in my root but only 1/4 an inch at my ends. So what do I do? I have to make drastic changes!

1. I will not put color in my hair anymore: Regardless of what brand I use, it still completely dries out my hair.

2. I will keep my hair in protective styles. This is a struggle for me because it takes an extremely long time to twist or braid my hair because of the thickness of it, which leads me to my next step.

3. I will wash my hair every 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. This will prevent me from having to repeatedly do twists in my hair. Currently, I have braided two strand twist in my hair, (I have to show you a picture of it!)

4. I will not apply heat to my hair! Although I don't straighten my hair often, blow drying my hair is something I love to do.. Instead of blowdrying my hair, I am going to using the banding method (the banding method is when you section your damp hair, apply rubber bands [or goody hair band]  down each section of hair in order stretch the hair).

5. Last but not least, I will stay encouraged until October 20! Taking care of natural hair can be challegning just because of all the easy ways it can get damaged. But natural is a never-ending learning process that take constant patient and discipline.

Figures-crossed for my new hair regimen

Stay Blessed!

DanielesDestiny

No comments:

Post a Comment