Don't worry, I'm not getting a face lift! But the kind of new face that I'm talking about is the one that takes places on the inside. Today, I have been reading articles about cleansing the soul and renewing thoughts. I am positive everybody has fallen victim to negative thoughts (such as, "I'm too fat", "I'm not tall enough", "I'm not relatable enough"and so forth.) Unfortunatley these thoughts can dictate the direction of our life, whether thats a brand new diet, 6-inch uncomfortable (but cute!) heels and many other needless things to change who we are to make us better. But have you ever wanted to live in complete freedom in who you are? Like you wouldn't mind being a little different from others? Not conforming to the standards of your friends or unrealistic expectations from authority figures? Don't give me wrong, there is always room for improvement in our lives, but when does accepting ourselves includes accepting the things that are good AND lacking about ourselves? Nobody is perfect! No person, no relationship, no friendship, spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend, whoever! But a part of having a successful relationship with yourself and others is being accepting of yourself and others. Of course, this is an obvious lesson that has been said over and over to death but, you'll be surprise how many people miss doing this or applying it to their lives. So go ahead, wear mismatch socks (I know I do!), treat yourself to a dessert at your favorite restaurant, and mostly importantly, free yourself from the world's standards. You haven't fit in before, why start now??
Be uniquely you!
DanielesDestiny
No comments:
Post a Comment